NB Always use pure essential oils (organic where possible).
- Gently disperse your chosen blend using a room diffuser for 20 minutes at a time to uplift the energy of your home when you are feeling stuck in a rut or just need a boost in energy.
- Scent is deeply personal; it is important to find essential oils that resonate with positive memories for you.
- If you dislike the scent of a particular oil or if you feel any discomfort when diffusing it, stop using it and find another which you find enjoyable and uplifting for your body, mind and spirit.
- Where small animals are present always ensure that there is adequate ventilation and that the animal is free to leave the area if it wishes to.
- Where small children are concerned, it is always best to diffuse oils at a good distance
- If diffusing before sleep do so for 20mts before retiring and turn off the diffuser when you are going to bed. The room will be filled with beautiful scents carrying you off into your dream-time.
- In general the citrus oils are wonderful to uplift and revitalise your energy.
Diffuser Blend 1 – Inspire Joy
3 drops Orange (citrus x sinensis) Top Note associated with the sacral chakra and “sweetness”.
Orange has a sense of playfulness, develops creative awareness and is uplifting and cheering. Joy in a bottle! Fruit oils are generally full of vitality and stimulate creativity. Oranges are said to symbolise abundant happiness.
1 drop Jasmin (jasminum grandiflorum) Middle-base note associated with the sacral chakra and artistic development.
Jasmin promotes psychological optimism, can reawaken passion and restore our capacity for creativity and for “fertility of the mind”. Releases inhibitions, diminishes fear and supports our sense of comfort within ourselves. A flower oil and middle-base note, its scent is intense, rich and diffusive.
3 drops Grapefruit (citrus paradisi) Top note associated with the third eye chakra and opening and strengthening intuition.
Grapefruit exudes happy, expansive energy, is highly energising and uplifting and is said to banish indecision. Perfect tonic for overwork.
Diffuser Blend 2 – Release inhibitions and awaken your inner child
4 drops MANDARIN (citrus reticulata) Top note. Associated with the Throat chakra, creativity and our ability to enjoy life.
Supports creativity and communication with our inner child, unstops blockages, encourages a sense of safety when connecting with others. Great immune support
2 Drops CARDAMOM (Elettaria Cardamomum) Middle note. Associated with the Sacral and Solar Plexus chakra associated with creativity, strengthening our courage and will-power.
Cardamom is a seed oil and offers nourishment and the potential for new growth, supports vitality and is invigorating and fortifying for the digestive system. Cardamom helps to eliminate fatigue and strengthen our resolve, supports creativity and strengthens courage and will power. It balances our energy in times of worry or anxiety and encourages mental clarity. Cardamom eases overthinking and worry, relaxes yet firms our resolve. Assists us to “see with our hearts”
1 Drop MYRRH (Commiphora Myrhha) Base note. Associated with the Root and Crown chakra and strengthens our spritual connection.
Myrrh strengthens and energises, offering support; strengthens connection to spirit. Grounding and warming, soothing in times of distraction, brings a sense of inner peace and tranquillity. Skin healing, decongestant, anti-inflammatory, allows us to release our wounds and move forward.